Long Steel Insert for Soft Woods and Plastic
These long steel inserts can be employed to install a permanent reusable metal thread into plastic, plywood and chipboard and other soft woods.
- Unthreaded long external lead, which speeds up the assembly process
- Full internal female thread with standardised thread measurements
- Long lengths of these threaded steel inserts increase their sheer strength
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances compliant
- Can be inserted using manual, semi or fully automated processes
Steel Insert with Varied Insertion Processes
These long steel inserts can be employed to install a permanent reusable metal thread into plastic, plywood, chipboard and other soft woods. The long external lead is unthreaded, which speeds up the assembly process, and they have a full internal female thread with standardised thread measurements. These threaded brass inserts come in just two variations. One measures 28mm in length and 14cm of this has a wide external thread which ensures good torque resistance and pull-out resilience. These have a diameter of 10mm and an internal thread of M6. The other option measures 32mm with 17mm of external thread, a diameter of 12.5mm and an internal thread size of M8. The long lengths of these threaded brass inserts help to increase their sheer strength and they are RoHS compliant. They can be inserted using manual, semi or fully automated processes.
|Steel Insert for Plastic and Soft Woods (FasPlas IFP018)|
|D||L||L1||d||Pilot Hole||kg / 1.000||Steel Yellow Zinc Plated|
|10||28||14||M6||8.5 – 9.0||5.2|
|12.5||32||17||M8||10.5 – 11.0||9.0|