Architectural sex bolts. 2 hole pan head for security and protection against vandals and thieves.
- Medium security resistance
- Reusable 2-way drive
- Usable for lower torque applications
- Ideal for use in architectural stair casing and balustrading
- Male screws available with or without shoulders.
- All parts are matched for a finished appearance.
- Both female and male bolts feature the 2-hole Security Drive, requiring a special tool or bit to fasten.
- Head dimensions for both male and female parts are matched.
- Security sex bolts (Male-Female Screws) are made to individual customer requirements.
- Truss and Countersunk Head also available.
- Can be manufactured in steel or stainless steel.
- Other security drives are also available including Pin TX, Pin Hex, Clutch Head and Wave.
2-Hole Pan Head Security Sex Bolt
2 Hole Pan Head Security Sex Bolts are a tamper resistant adaptation of the commonly known sex bolt, also known as a barrel nut, barrel bolt, male female bolt, Chicago screw, architectural bolts or post and screw. As you can see in the videos above, the female part of the sex bolt has a barrel-shaped flange and protruding boss that is internally threaded which the male part fastens into. The boss sits within the components being fastened, and the flange provides the bearing surface. Pan Head Security Barrel Nuts and their accompanying tamperproof security machine screw are normally chosen because of their low profile compared to other fixings, such as a button head