Headed Brass Insert for Thermoset Plastics and Polyesters
These press-in brass inserts with heads are made for installation in hard thermoset plastics and can also be suitable for certain types of thermosetting polyesters
- Three bands of knurling with sharp edges to provide excellent grip
- Installed using cold-press process
- Can be installed with a heated press-in procedure to increase pull-out performance
- Standardised female internal thread sizes from M2 to M10
- High quality brass that resists corrosion and provides excellent electrical conductivity.
Insert for Plastic with Three Knurled Bands
These press-in brass inserts with heads are made for installation in hard thermoset plastics and can also be suitable for certain types of thermosetting polyesters. The three bands of knurling have sharp edges which are forced into the hard plastic during the insertion process. The plastic which is displaced during this procedure is funnelled into the channels to create an excellent grip giving these brass inserts a high torque resistance. Using a cold press-in installation process produces an adequate pull-out performance which can be improved by employing a heated press-in procedure. Available in lengths from 4.1 to 9.2mm and diameters from 3.3 to 12.7mm. Head sizes range from 4.8 to 14mm with thicknesses from 0.5 to 1.3mm. The standardised female internal thread sizes are from M2 through M10.
|Headed Brass Insert for Plastic (FasPlas IFP013)|
|Internal Thread||A||B||C||D||P||ø Hole
|Min. Wall Thickness|