Dome head shear bolt security anchors (shield type)
Dome head (shield type) shear bolt security ground anchors are suitable for higher torque applications and are 1 way permanent fixings making them ideal for applications where maintenance is not required. Also referred to as expansion bolts or expansion anchors.
- Permanent security anchor, ideal where maintenance is not required
- Installed with standard spanner or socket
- Hexagonal nut snaps off, leaving a smooth, tamper resistant cone
- High level of resistance to vandalism and theft
- Typically used in prisons, perimeter fencing, railings, security windows and door frames
The hexagonal nut can be tightened using a standard spanner or socket. When the nut section is fully tightened until the pressure applied surpasses the maximum torque limit, the hexagonal part of the countersunk shear bolt security ground anchor snaps off leaving a plain tamper resistant cone shape.
Shear bolt security ground anchors are also referred to by other names including Snap Off Nut Anchors, Break away Nut Anchors, Breakaway Head Anchors, Shear Bolt Anchors, Security Snap Off Anchors & Perma Bolt Anchors.
Available from stock in stainless steel M8 x 55, M8 x 75 & M8 x 95 with other sizes and materials available to order (minimum quantities apply).
|SIZE (DxL)||HOLE SIZE (D1)||MIN HOLE DEPTH (H/D MIN)||MAX FIXTURE THICKNESS (F/T MAX)||SPANNER SIZE (SP)||RECOMMENDED TORQUE|
|M8 X 55||12MM||55MM||6MM||15MM||19 N/M|
|M8 X 75||12MM||55MM||25MM||15MM||19 N/M|
|M8 X 95||12MM||55MM||45MM||15MM||19 N/M|
*For guidance purposes only