6 Lobe Pin TX Countersunk Security Barrel Nuts & Sex Bolts Stock Sizes
Pin TX Countersunk Security Barrel nuts are now available from stock. Previously only available as a button head, this countersunk version offers an off the shelf solution for applications requiring a flush finish. These security barrel nuts offer a medium level of security and are suitable for high torque use.
Also known as sex bolts or Chicago screws, barrel nuts feature an internally threaded barrel in which a matching screw can be fastened into. It is important to consider both the hole diameter and the thickness that you are closing when deciding which size will be suitable (please see the technical information tab). As with countersunk screws, for countersunk barrel nuts the length is measured from the top of the head.
Security barrel nuts are often used with a matching Pin TX Countersunk Security Machine Screw (sold separately) for applications where both sides are exposed to potential tampering or theft, but can be used with any machine screw of the correct size.
- Ideal for use in architectural stair casing and balustrade
- Vandal Resistant 2 Way Security Barrel Nut Requires Special Insert Bit (sold separately)
- Male screws stocked without shoulder, manufactured with shoulder on request
- All parts can be matched for a finished appearance.
- Both female and male bolts feature the 6 Lobe Pin TX Security Drive
- Security sex bolts (Male – Female Screws) can be made to individual customer requirements.
- Stocked in A2 stainless steel but can be manufactured to your requirement
All stocked sizes are listed below. 6 Lobe Pin TX Countersunk Security Barrel Nuts & Sex Bolts are available in non-standard sizes to order.
|Thread / Length (mm)||12||15||16||20||25||27|