Tamper Proof Clutch Head Security Sex Bolts Protect Against Vandals and Thieves, Offering:
- Medium Security Resistance
- Permanent one-way drive
- Usable for medium torque applications
- Ideal for use in architectural staircasing and balustrading
A security sex bolt is a tamper-proof adaptation of the commonly known sex bolt, also known as a barrel nut, barrel bolt, Chicago screw, architectural bolts or post and screw.
This is a type of tamper-proof security fastener which has a barrel-shaped flange and protruding boss that is internally threaded. The boss sits within the components being fastened, and the flange provides the bearing surface.
The security sex bolts, including a male and female bolt, and the accompanying tamper-proof security machine screw sit flush on either side of the surfaces being fastened.
It is often chosen because of its low profile compared to other fasteners. It has a built-in security drive feature to aid in tightening the fastener.
They can also be referred to as a sleeve nut within the industry.
- Male screws are available with or without shoulders.
- All parts are matched for a finished appearance.
- Both female and male bolts feature the security drive.
- Head dimensions for both male and female parts are matched.
- Button Head, Truss Head and Countersunk head available.
- Made to individual customer requirements.
- Can be manufactured in steel or stainless steel.
Please contact us with your requirements to further your enquiry.
|Gauge / Length||1/2″||5/8″|
|10-24 UNC||A (mm)||B (mm)||C (mm)|
*For guidance purposes only