Tamper Proof Clutch Head Security Sex Bolts Protect Against Vandals and Thieves
- Medium Security Resistance
- Permanent one-way drive
- Usable for medium torque applications
- Ideal for use in architectural staircasing and balustrading
A security sex bolt is a tamper-proof adaptation of the commonly known sex bolt, also known as a barrel nut, barrel bolt, Chicago screw, architectural bolts or post and screw.
This is a type of tamper-proof security fastener which has a barrel-shaped flange and protruding boss that is internally threaded. The boss sits within the components being fastened, and the flange provides the bearing surface.
The security sex bolts, including a male and female bolt, and the accompanying tamper-proof security machine screw sit flush on either side of the surfaces being fastened.
It is often chosen because of its low profile compared to other fasteners. It has a built-in security drive feature to aid in tightening the fastener.
They can also be referred to as a sleeve nut within the industry.
- Male screws are available with or without shoulders.
- All parts are matched for a finished appearance.
- Both female and male bolts feature the security drive.
- Head dimensions for both male and female parts are matched.
- Button Head, Truss Head and Countersunk head available.
Can be manufactured in Steel or Stainless steel depending on individual customer requirements.
Non-standard sizes and materials are available to order as specials, including custom parts made to drawings.
|Imperial Technical Information & Available Sizes|
|Thread Diameter||10 – 24 UNC|
|B (mm)||12.6< (1/2″)||15.9< (5/8″)|
|Available Sizes||10 – 24 UNC|
| = Available
Size not listed? Please call to discuss – we may be able to provide it.