Pin Hex Security Barrel Nuts & Sex Bolts
- Medium security resistance
- Hexagonal socket head with centre pin to resist standard socket bits and Allen keys
- Reusable 2-way drive
- Suitable for higher torque applications
- Ideal for use in architectural stair casing and balustrade
The Pin Hex security sex bolt is a tamperproof adaptation of the sex bolt, also known as a barrel nut, barrel bolt, Chicago screw, architectural bolt or post and screw.
This type of security fastener has a barrel-shaped flange and protruding boss that is internally threaded. The boss sits within the components being fastened, and the flange provides the bearing surface.
The security sex bolt (male – female bolt) and accompanying tamperproof security machine screw sit flush on either side of the surfaces being fastened. It is normally chosen because of its low profile compared to other nuts.
Please note Pin Hex Security Barrel Nuts & Sex Bolts are made to order.
- All parts can be matched for a finished appearance
- Male screws available with or without shoulders.
- Both female and male bolts feature the Pin Hex Drive.
- Head dimensions for both male and female parts can be matched.
- Button Head, Truss Head and Countersunk Head Available
- Security sex bolts (Male – Female Screws) are made to individual customer requirements.
- Can be manufactured in Steel, A2 or A4 Stainless Steel.
Non-standard sizes and materials are available to order as specials, including custom parts made to drawings.